Camp Fire’s Mission:
Our cornerstone mission at Camp Fire USA is to build caring, confident youth and future leaders. Holistic in philosophy and results-based in methods, we address the needs of the whole child. Our dedicated, college-educated staff offer today’s boys and girls a blueprint for success with the tools to achieve:
- Academic excellence
- Nutrition and healthy lifestyles
- Life and leadership skills
- Community and civic service
- Career and vocational preparedness
- Violence prevention and safety skills
- Respect for cultural diversity
- Strong families, schools, neighborhoods
Camp Fire builds academic success through individualized tutoring and a proven curriculum
- 78% of Camp Fire kids improved their scores on math skills.
- 88% of Camp Fire kids improved their abilities in reading, comprehension and spelling.
- Between 90% and 100% of Camp Fire teens are accepted to four-year colleges or universities.
Camp Fire builds future leaders
- Camp Fire’s Teen Advisory Board (TAB) organizes service learning projects, job fairs and educational activities for their peers.
Camp Fire builds an ethic of service
- More than 200 Camp Fire kids participate in service learning projects each year, contributing nearly 1,600 volunteer hours to our community.
Camp Fire builds enduring friendships, neighborhoods, schools and communities
- Camp Fire brings its innovative after-school and summer programming to 10 schools and 3 homeless shelters throughout Omaha and Council Bluffs as well as to our own neighborhood at 26th & St. Mary’s Avenue.
Camp Fire builds healthy bodies, minds and spirits, while fighting child hunger in our community
- Over 450 children receive backpacks full of healthy, kid-friendly food through the Weekend Food Program which ensures that kids never go hungry through the weekend.
- Over 12,654 meals are served through Kid’s Café, a partnership with America’s Second Harvest and ConAgra’s Feeding Children Better Foundation, the nation’s largest charitable meal service and nutrition education program exclusively for children.
Camp Fire builds safety skills in the real AND digital world
- Every year, over 9,000 kids, parents and educators experience Camp Fire’s Prevention Education through Theater program in ten school districts. The professionally performed plays address the timely issues of peer pressure, child sexual abuse and Internet safety.
Camp Fire builds strong families
- Every year, nearly 1,000 Camp Fire families take part in monthly educational events and dinners through Family Community Nights.
Camp Fire builds community volunteering
- Annually, more than 1,900 college students, senior citizens, parents and professionals volunteer at Camp Fire.
- Camp Fire offers individualized ways to make a difference in a child’s life. Call 397-5809 for more information on how you can get involved!